Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Apology To Gov. Palin, Her Family And All Hypocrites Everywhere

“All right, here – I’ve been thinking about this situation with this blog now , and maybe you know about it, maybe you don’t know about it. But all of the stuff on here is just plain stupid, and some of it is kind of coarse. There’s no getting around it, but I never thought it was a big deal. Yeah. But the content really, in and of itself, can’t be defended. The next day, people are outraged. They’re angry at me because they said, ‘How could you write a lousy blog like that?' And I had, honestly, no idea that anybody was reading this blog."

“But I didn’t, and now people are getting angry and they’re saying, ‘Well, how can you write something like that and does that make you feel good to make that horrible blog?' I had no idea. And, but still, I’m wondering, ‘Well, what can I do to help people understand that I should have never made a blog like this?’ I’ve never made a blog like this. And I understand, of course, why people are upset. I would be upset myself."

“And then I was watching the Jim Lehrer ‘Newshour’ – this commentator, the columnist Mark Shields, was talking about how I had made this indefensible blog and I thought, ‘Oh, boy, now I’m beginning to understand what the problem is here. It’s the perception rather than the intent.’ It doesn’t make any difference what my intent was, it’s the perception. And, as they say about blogs, if you have to explain the blog, it’s not a very good blog."

"And I’m certainly--well, my responsibility – I take full blame for that. I made a bad blog. I made a blog that was beyond flawed, and my intent is completely meaningless compared to the perception. And since it was a just a blog, I feel that I need to do the right thing here and apologize for having made this blog. It’s not your fault that it was misunderstood, it’s my fault that it was misunderstood. So I would like to apologize, especially to the two people who read this blog and everybody else who is outraged by this blog. I’m sorry about it and I’ll try to do better in the future. Thank you very much."




Replied the good governorette of Alaska:

"Of course, it's accepted on behalf of self-righteous hypocrites everywhere, like the Republican Party, televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Rich Swier and Wild Thing, who fervently pray that blogs will focus solely on proselytizing the conservative agenda, like providing guns to all junior high kids."

"One-Eyed Dick certainly has the right to blog about whatever he wants to, and thankfully we have the right to express our reaction. And this is all thanks to our U.S. military women and men putting their lives on the line for us to secure America's right to free speech -- in this case, may that right be used to promote equality and respect."

Whew! I'm glad we got that cleared up........

No comments:

Post a Comment